Re: Tires

To: Harlan Jillson <hjillson@argolink.net>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:55:02 -0700
On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 09:48:47PM -0500, Harlan Jillson wrote:
> This is a common problem when someone who doesn't know any better puts wire
> wheel hubs on a steel wheel rear axle assembly.   The steel wheel assembly
> is about 1 1/2 " wider per side than the wire assy. and will space the
> wheels out causing clearance problems.  There is some centering variation
> which may cause the offset problem to be apparent on one side only.
> H.

I wonder if this means that if you were to take a wire wheel rear end,
and put steel wheel hubs on it, (making things narrower) you could then run
Fairlady (240-280Z) mags, which are a lot cheaper to get than mags with the
MGB offset.

  lrc

--
Million Monkey Software -
Our code sucks, but you should see this thing we wrote called Hamlet.