Re: Tires

To: Peter Schauss <schauss@worldnet.att.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tires
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 18:02:32 -0600
The 185/70R14's should be ok, but I have seen people who had clearance
problems.  Their rear axle wasn't exactly at the center of the car,
though, because the tire only scraped one side.  I think they had wires
too - which may have a different offset.  I use Avon Turbosteel 165R14's
- original size, available from someone like British Wire Wheel, and
cheap at something like $50 each. They do very well.  Before that I used
Michelin XZX's, and they were excellent on dry, but a hard compound, and
not so great in the wet/snow.

Good luck!