Re: New guy, Prospective buy....Update

To: glh85@juno.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New guy, Prospective buy....Update
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 10:02:12 EDT
In a message dated 8/31/00 10:00:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time, glh85@juno.com
writes:

<< The exhaust is gone
 and laying on the ground. The front bumper is still there. The gas tank
 is full of rust. I opened the filler and it was packed with rust, have to
 get a new one or a racing cell? Drivers and passengers seats are still
 there, can't see into the rear. The wipers are gone. Underneath looks
 sound, I don't any holes or feel any soft spots. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If the exhaust system fell off and the gas tank is full of rust, there HAS to
be a lot of rust on the body or frame somewhere.  This would be a major
project requiring a complete disassembly, removal of all paint, then body and
frame repair, good paint job, and rebuilding of all components.  You are
looking at a coupla years of weekend work and thousands of dollars.  When
finished, the car will be worth $3K-$6K, depending on your skills as a
mechanic.

IOW, if you can't get it for free, you don't want it.

All this is IMO, YMMV.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget