Re: Seat R&R on 72 B

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat R&R on 72 B
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 16:42:17 -0700
Umm, you just take out and replace the four bolts, right? What's the
problem with that? Slide the seat all the way forward to access the rear
bolts, then all the way to the rear to access the front bolts. I manage
to use a 3/8 ratchet drive on all of them, and never considered it a
particularly difficult job. Sometimes I do it just to vacuum the carpets
(uh-huh, like every 2 or 3 years, whether it needs it or not <g>).

I suppose, since there are multiple sets of holes in the rails, that your
seats could be using a set of holes that is not easily accessible using
this method. Next time, try sliding the rails back and forth and choosing
a different set of holes. Note that this also moves the seat position
limits forward or backward in the cockpit -- useful if you or your
passenger are particularly tall or short.

...or perhaps 72 seats are considerably different from the earlier ones I
am familiar with.

Dave Wood had this to say:

--

Max Heim