bolts question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: bolts question
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <xirias@hol.gr>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 11:31:02 +0300
Where do the threads of the top 2 backplate-to-engine bolts engage?

Also, the parts manual shows the 7 gearbox to engine bolts needing an
equal amount of lockwashers and high tensile nuts. Where are those
lockwashers & nuts to be found when all is properly assembled?

Finally the top 2 gearbox-to-engine bolts appear to pass through
brackets with threaded studs. What is the purpose of these
brackets/studs?

As you have probably figured out, some of these bolts are missing from
my car and I'm worried if I can replace them with engine & gearbox still
in there.....shock! Another great piece of work by some "expert
mechanic", no doubt.

Evangelos
73 BGT