Petrol Tank

To: <sbeavis@solartron.com>
Subject: Petrol Tank
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 00:11:53 -0700
I just pulled the fuel tank and found the truck (boot) floor to be full of
rust. I wire brushed the floor, filled with JB Weld  and coated with
hammerite top and bottom. then installed a new tank. It took quite a while
to do the rust cleanup. It might have been faster to install a new floor,
but I did not want to spend the money just yet. I'll probably be doing that
in a couple years, once the patch job gives way.
The fix up job did take nicely though and now I can get a full tank of gas
and not have to worry about the fuel coming out the top of the tank and
running down the muffler!!

Kind regards,
Tim.
69 BGT mona

The petrol tank is rather rusty underneath. Would I be better off
hammeriting it?

Scott