RE: Adhesive for bonding packing?

To: "'Steve Morris'" <smorris@en.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Adhesive for bonding packing?
From: Gordon Bird <gb@the-bdc.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 13:10:08 -0400
> What is the appropriate adhesive for bonding the felt packing to the
> underside of bonnet to stop air passing over the radiator,
> and the two
> packing pieces attached to the boot floor under the spare
> tire?
Don't know the original, but I used good old contact cement and has worked
for the last 10k miles.
In fact, I am of the opinion that you should used 2 felt strips under the
bonnet.  Why you ask?  Well, since you asked, I found what I believe to have
been the original packing 'tween the heater box and firewall on my A and
oddly enough, it was the same thickness as two of todays pads.  I tried it
with two and it made a much better seal than one without any excess pressure
on the bonnet or top of radiator.
HTH

What was