Re: Oil Pressure Gauge, Bounce

To: Mike Razor <mrazor@mis.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure Gauge, Bounce
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 10:12:15 -0700
I've got the same problem.  I'm going to check the oil pressure relief
valve, this is the only thing that could cause this on a new engine.  I
replaced the piston with a new one when I rebuilt the engine, it might
be a bit too big and is binding at the lower pressures at idle.

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia