How Do I Tell the 'Earth'??

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: How Do I Tell the 'Earth'??
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 10:22:27 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, my project car (which was built in Ocotber 1964
but titled as a 1966...) should be positive earth,
according to Porter (chassis # 49843). I'm wondering
how I can tell if the car has been converted... The PO
told me (I thought) that it was negative earth. There
are no batteries with the car. I want to hook up a
battery to see what the situation is with the
electrics; can I just take (for example) the battery
from my 76 B and hook it up?

Thanks....