Re: Competition Roll Bars

To: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Competition Roll Bars
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:07:27 +0000
Glenn wrote:

> I'm looking to purchase a competition type roll bar
> for my MGB.  My goal is to have something, that still
> lets a person sit in the passenger seat, and will pass
> SCCA club rally tech when I graduate from Solo II next
> year some time.  I'm waiting on my copy of the SCCA
> GCR, for more info.

You can check out a few snapshots of my 'B in initial racing
preparation.  The rollbar isn't shown in detail but you can get the idea
of how it looks on the little car - and you can tell that there is no
way a top will go over it.

http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/gallery/

The rollbar was built by a scrutineer so that it would definitely pass
and be approved (I haven't got the official documentation for it yet).

I have been assured that, after the end of the racing season in a couple
of months, it only takes 15/20 minutes to remove - but by then the
weather will be fine and hot (Summer here in Australia) so I won't be so
desperate for a roof.

Eric
'68MGB MkII