RE: Latex glove recommendation

To: "scott f. eakin" <seakin@mindspring.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Latex glove recommendation
From: "J R Overcash" <jroverca@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:55:44 -0400
I have to jump in here.  Latex gloves are very good at protecting your hands
etc.  Unfortunately they can cause allergic reactions that range from mild
(redness and some itching) to very serious and painful(cracked flaking
skin).  So be advised that if you have any type of rash develop after using
the gloves you may be allergic to latex and should obtain from further use.

Some have good luck with the none powdered type and others do not.  I have
worked in the food industry for 25 years, and have seen many pairs of hands
that we now know suffered from latex allergy!  It ain't pretty!

The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has banned the use of Latex
gloves in direct patient care in Health care Facilities and in Food
Preparation and Service.

So just be careful!

Safety Fast!

Ross Overcash