Fwd: RE: Latex glove recommendation

To: d_dibiase@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: RE: Latex glove recommendation
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 23:44:35 -0400

>Thanks, Carl - I picked up some gloves at Home Depot
>and they seem to be okay so far... BTW, when did you
>pick up the 80 B? Is that new?
  Yeah, this one was such an interesting one that my wife said we should
get it and the last time she said that we got the 67. It is a one owner car
with 52k on the clock. It has a Weber and a Allison ignition with most of
all the smog stuff on it off. The car was brought into a non Brit body shop
for th usual MG stuff (sills etc). The long story is that the car spent 5
years inside the shop getting worked on by people who did not know what
they were doing But, they did a very good job, it just took them a long
time all of it in billable hours. The couple went through a divorce in the
middle of it and one day she gets so fed up with the situation that she
goes in and pays in full and donates the car to her church ("sell it for
what you can get for it") The bill she paid was $7.500 which she got all
four wings brand new, new boot lid, new sills and all new floors done very
well. The doors and bonnet were sanded to bare metal and the car was
carefully disassembled and labled in boxes. The car is dropped off at my
mechanics to sell, He hates selling so I do most of that for him. I offer
2k for it about three weeks ago and the minister is not happy with that
offer and says to wait two more weeks to see if someone will offer $2500
(she thought it was worth 5K!). Well, during that time several other people
looked at it and decided they did not have the time for it. during that
time I looked more deep and found that the engine did not turn (I did talk
to the body shop guy and the car ran well when parked for the job.) I then
countered my previous offer with one of 1K to cover my end in case the
engine needs more work. The chance that it will need more than WD40 to free
up the pistons from the walls is very slim. The car is now mine and we are
deciding what color to paint it to maximize the resale value of the car in
the spring. The car is a pure investment (so I can spend more $$ on the
67). Looking forward to the fun this winter!
Carl

67MGB Pride and Joy
80MGB soon to be someone elses pride and joy