Re: vacuum advance

To: "list MG \(E-mail\)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: vacuum advance
From: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 11:06:07 -0700 (PDT)
They may have recurved the mechanical advance and
removed the vac. advance for one of several reasons.
After market carb. and/or cam, superstition, relegion,
etc. You'll know if they recurved it, because it'll
start knocking when you get on it if you connect it up
again.

jon

--- Gordon Bird <gb@the-bdc.com> wrote:
> I'll be helping my neighbor time his 70 B this
> weekend and I noticed that
> the advance from the dizzy is not hooked up.  Upon
> looking at other similar
> years I find some are and some are not hooked up.
> What effect does this have on the timing, if any?
> Any reason for this to be reconnected?
> TIA
>
> Safety Fast!
> Gordie Bird
> 62 MGA
> 80 MGB
> 86 Audi 4kq

=====
This is my list only e-mail address and it may not be
checked regularly. For personal messages, please try
jonp@altavista.net which is normally checked Mon-Fri.

http://im.yahoo.com/