Re: Oh Sh*^ BTDT!

To: ptegler@gouldfo.com, macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oh Sh*^ BTDT!
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:57:25 EDT
In a message dated 9/22/00 3:30:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ptegler@gouldfo.com writes:

<< Don't know about the clearances on a 1500 Midget (engine to frame)
 but without pulling the engine I dropped the pan on my 1500 Spitfire
 (yes the front pan bolts are a pain...getting to them.)
 I loosened the mounts, jacked the motor up 1" an put a block of
 wood between the mounts to keep the engine up. >>

The oil pan on the 1500 Midget is a piece of cake to remove.  No engine
jacking required.  Just need a pair of pliers...er, I mean...a correct size
spanner.  I replaced the pan gasket just after I got my Midget.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport