Re: Brake Pressure

To: MGMagnette@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Pressure
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:48:10 EDT
In a message dated 9/23/00 10:55:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
MGMagnette@aol.com writes:

<< What is the average pressure of a brake master on a brake cylinder, at
full
 pressure?
 85 PSI of air won't blow out a piston on my brake cylinder, yet I can push
it
 in further with a hammer.  Would hooking it up to a brake master create any
 more pressure than 85 psi?  Want to know before I waste my time. >>

That should be more than enough pressure.  I used my portable air tank and
the pistons came flying out.

It sounds like a piston is cocked in the cylinder (or severly corroded).
This will probably damage the cylinder beyond repair, unless you have it
sleeved.  Time to buy a new cylinder.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget