Re: HS4 Choke Problems

To: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HS4 Choke Problems
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:40:23 +0100
Locking is accomplished by turning the knob about 1/4 turn clockwise, but
whether it holds or not is a factor of the knob-end (to coin a phrase) of
the cable and housing and not the carb end.  Make sure the knob is turned
fully anti-clockwise before pulling it out.

When the choke is half-way out the lever on the choke spindle should be
making a right-angle with the cable.  If it is not it makes the choke stiff
at one end of its movement or the other.  Make sure the cable has a free
route to the carbs *when it is pulled out*, the cable may try to adopt a
different position when under tension to when it is not.  Make sure the carb
jets move freely individually, and from the choke spindle when linked before
ytou connect the cable.  Make sure the fixed point at the carb end (can
either be the inner or the sheath) is such that the inner is coming out of
the middle of the sheath and not pulling to one side.  Make sure the cable
inner is lubricated and not kinked or frayed.

PaulH.