HS4 Choke Problems

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: HS4 Choke Problems
From: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 22:05:07 -0400
Listers,

Several weeks ago I rebuild my AUD 256 (1968 MGB) carbs and am now having
problems properly setting the choke cable. I've spent several hours reading
the list archive and would like to verify a point. First my problem... The
choke is stiff, hard to pull and does not want to lock in a pulled position.
I followed the setting info in the Haynes manual. According to one message I
read the lever that attaches to the jet should be on the side closest to the
float bowl, NOT on the side facing center. Is this correct? The lever has a
small cylinder that the screw passes through, what side of the lever does
this go on? I do not see how the lever can attach to the outside of the jet.
Any suggestions? Is this information is correct?

Frank Phillips
1968 MGB
fwp@ufl.edu