Sighting and sighing

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sighting and sighing
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 13:31:26 -0400 (EDT)
Hi All,
        Saw a bright lime green RBB in the student parking lot of a local
high school. Gives me hope that, originality be damned, these vehicles of
ours may have a longer life than I can imagine.

        Re Mike's passing, I'm a sceptic when it comes to the idea of
community and especially a group of people connected by email. Yet, I was
saddened by the news of his death in nearly the same way I would have
been of a high school classmate I knew 35 years ago. We had a common
experience and it won't disappear.

I never met him and now I won't. I guess the list interactions prove my
scepticism a tad too harsh. The common struggle we experience to keep our
vehicles running and the interactions that develop out of that struggle
must be what makes a community out of virtual strangers. I guess it is
real.

Safety first.

Bill