RE: Another try!

To: "Steve Piepenbrink" <stevejp@attglobal.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Another try!
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 21:41:46 -0600
>I am trying to get my engine back into my 79 MGB after overhaul but I cant
>figure out how to get a nut on the engine mount stud on the drivers side.
>The steering column is in the way.  Any suggestions?

My recommendation is to mount the right side rubber mount to the engine, and the
left side rubber mount to the car, before you drop the engine in.  As you sit
the engine into the car make sure the left side mount is what you concentrate
on, the right side will slide into the slot of the mount on the chassis.  If you
have a very thin 9/16" (I think that's the right size) wrench you actually can
get in there to tighten the left side bolt, but you'll have to flip the wrench
each time you tighten.  Whatever you do I think it's easier to have the nut on
the left side before the engine goes in, or at lease it is easier to do it
first.

>Also I need to reinstall the grounding strap and can't remember where it goes.
I think the tranny mount to the crossmember.  Am I right?

Yes.

You may also have a ground strap from the engine to the left chassis engine
mount.

Larry Hoy