Re: Oh Sh*^ Part Deux

To: Tim Economu <economu@whidbey.com>
Subject: Re: Oh Sh*^ Part Deux
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:02:26 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Tim Economu wrote:

> I am using the NAPA Gold 1300 in my factory upright oil canister type
> filter. It cost 6 bucks, which is a good price. Just not sure how similar or
> different it is to the screw-on can Wix filter made by Dana Corporation,
> that is the focus of the oil filter testing done at:
> http://members.nbci.com/minimopar/oilfilters.html
>
> Also not sure how it rates compared to the WIX Ford 203?
>
> Anybody want to do a filter test for MG's?

My point is I _use_ the filter that was in the test.  IE the 51515 Wix
filter for the Ford 5.0L V8 fits on the MG 1.8L 4 just fine (and so
will any other equiv filter).  The increase flow and volume through
the filter is more than worth any added cost.

--
Aaron Whiteman - aaronw@wsu.edu - email with subject 'PGPKey' for pgpkey
   RCW 19.190 notice: This address is located in Washington State.