Re: British vs. English (sorta LBC related)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British vs. English (sorta LBC related)
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:21:53 +0000
DENNIS COX wrote:

> I'v owned 4 British Fords..  Ford has been making cars in England
> since the 30's.

Hey where do you think those Capris (with the leaky soft-tops) cam
from.  Just as the Texan I met was horrified when I told him how we
export a lot of beef to America from Australia, I bet a lot of Americans
don't realise how many Fords and Mitsubishis they are driving that were
made just down the road from my place here in South Australia (or from
just up the road in Victoria).

And you know the wheels on Mercedes - yep, got it again.  And anyone
heard of Mintex Bendix?

Sorry, just flying the flag during the Olympics.

Oh yeah, when the MG name was up for sale I was trying to convince Don
Panoz to buy it and establish a MG manufacturing plant here.  He had
already stated that he wanted to set up a 'boutique' sports car plant in
this State (he has set up office here to put on the Le Mans for this
region).

Eric
'68MGB MkII