Re: [Re: JB Weld or similar question]

To: "mg list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Re: JB Weld or similar question]
From: Matthew Trebelhorn <matttrebelhorn@netscape.net>
Date: 2 Oct 00 15:01:52 EDT
Rather than replying to all of the messages individualy, Here's a big
combination response:

The carbs are Zenith downdraft, similar to some older american bits.  I'll
look into the possibility of a specific fix for this carb.

I'm not sure about the possibility of a helicoil.  There's not really a lot of
material there -- this may affect the possibility of the previous item,
too...

I wouldn't mind, actually, gluing a piece into the carb, and attaching the
fuel line there.  Given the location, a 90 degree elbow would be fabulous.

Right now, I'm just weighing options.  Obviously, a new (used) carburetor body
would be the ideal solution, but I don't know how easy that would be to find.

Thanks
Matt