Lump Stumped, The Sequel...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lump Stumped, The Sequel...
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 12:50:20 -0700 (PDT)
A week or so I posted with this topic, regarding
figuring out the type of motor I had in my 66 B
project car (built October 64). Turns out it is a
G-series 3-main engine. Now I find out from my
corrected BMIHT certificate that they believe I had a
GB-series, 5-main engine originally, which makes
sense, based on my car's chassis number (...49843).
So, now I wonder, when the (I assume) broken 5-main
was replaced with this 3-main, did they just not
connect the tach and leave the original electronic
tach installed, or did they replace it with a
mechanical one?? Is there a way to tell them apart?
There is currently no cable installed from the tach...
Thanks...

Also, if anyone knows where I can get a 5-main engine
cheap, perhaps exchange my seized 3-main, let me
know!!!!

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
76 MGB Tourer Driver - Brooklands Green
66 Pull-handle MGB Tourer Project - faded Tartan Red
NAMGBR #5-2328

http://photos.yahoo.com/