Re: "Rocks" Show Rocked...

To: bkrueger@ici.net
Subject: Re: "Rocks" Show Rocked...
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 21:01:43 EDT
In a message dated 10/01/2000 6:26:36 PM Central Daylight Time,
bkrueger@ici.net writes:

<< So Ed,  did you meet up with Neil Cotty? >>

Well, Bud, a resounding YEP !!!  I have not seen a reference to same so here
goes.

Neil called on Sat (and e-mailed).  Could NOT make it happen.  Sunday saw me
STUCK with a prospect that wants a TD and a PA ground up'd.  SIX (6) hours!!!
I thought I was gonna DIE !!!  And I am SURE he ain't go "go for it" so I am
just flat out the time.  Does not even belong to ANY Club!!!

As List noted, Neil and Sonya had not only arrived in Chi Town, but met up
with our own Barney Gaylord and son Elliot on Sat.

Sun.:  Neil called and then his cell phone promptly DIED.  Called Barney, and
all four of us finally got together enough to meet for dinner as Neil, Sonya,
Barney, & Elliot were at Barney's place (with me being between them and Chi
where they where staying) and we decided to meet a tad towards the "middle"
of the Barney's to hotel return route.

The I called our "famous MGDriver Editor [Kim Tonrey]" and the "infamous
Thomas Pokrefke, III" whom where my quickest "contacts" so that they might
join us.  TP, 3, NAH !! (Lame A*S!).
Kim, absolutely.  Pictures forthcoming (upon our LATE departure<G>).

Now, the absolute "truth" must be presented for you consideration.

The ubiquitous Mr. Cotty should have stayed DownUnder.
HOWEVER, his "agent", Ms. Sonya, MORE THAN MADE UP FOR his being there
(and/or here<G>).
The ubiquitous Mr. Cotty had LaBatz in pintS.

I do believe a good time was had by all (except the restaurant folks who
wanted to go home) and speaking for myself, had a GREAT TIME.

Drawbacks where as follows:  Elliot can eat 20 times his weight in french
fries.  The "Agent" was gonna have a "diet cola" (WASTE of time, IMHO!!!) but
I did manage to change her choice to Chardonnay.  Evening started WAY to late
and ended WAY to soon!!  PERIOD!!

For any of you folks that can remotely even THINK of getting to the NYC area
- do your very level best to hook up with them !!!

For anybody near the Dublin, Ireland area - WATCH OUT !!!!!  They are on
their way !!!

Felling VERY fortunate to have met Neil and Sonya, I am

         Just Ed

PS:  Neil & Sonya, please try to do a "reverse" trip when you return to
DownUnder.