Re: Important safety note!!!

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Important safety note!!!
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 22:46:32 -0700
Don't worry, it's not going to blow up!  Almost all of the old style fuel guages
work this way.  TD's use a make or break contact in the tank for the fuel
warning light.

As long as there is fuel in the tank, the fuel vapor displaces all of the air
and there is insufficient oxygen to support ignition.  The explosion problem
occurs when there is no fuel in the tank and the cap and plugs are open as when
holes or repairs are made to the tank.

By using the generator warning lamp, I have a low oil warning level light for
the sump of my TD.  It is a simple make and break contact inside the sump and
I've yet to set the oil on fire!

<<<snip>>>