Re: Important safety note!!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Important safety note!!!
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 09:49:29 EDT
In a message dated 10/4/00 10:52:20 PM, mgb72@airmail.net writes:

<<  I had the sender in my hand and was looking for obvious
problems.  It was still hooked up, and I see a spark.  The male spade
terminal on the sender itself had turned and was grounding it self on
the little box that contains the wiper mechanism.  This little box
resides inside the tank.

This was not a big spark, but I am pretty sure that gasoline vapor
doesn't need much to ignite.... >>

Shades of TWA 800!  Little vapor, warm day, little spark....I can't see that
any spark at all is good at any time in a fuel tank of any sort.  And
remember, TWA 800 blew up with JP4, otherwise known as kerosine.  Gas is many
times more dangerous than JP4.  Beware.

Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT