Swivel Axle Damage

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Swivel Axle Damage
From: "Jesse Robinson" <jesserobinson2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 15:40:19 GMT
Hi All,

I'm in the middle of replacing my front wheel bearings, rotors, caliper
pistons, and all seals (for the first time - a lot of yuky crap in the
calipers)... it started with just replacing the flex hoses - yeh right!
Anyway, on one of my swivel axles I've got some rusty red goo on it.  After
clean it off I've noticed some pitting or little holes I'm guessing the rust
has done it?  How bad is this?  I'm not replacing it at this time, but I'm
asking for future reference.

Thanks,
Jesse
70 MGB