NON LBC, Trip to England, Dollars to Pounds

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: NON LBC, Trip to England, Dollars to Pounds
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 09:31:17 -0600
My wife, sister, mother and my mother's friend are all doing the "girls night
out".  Except this one is a little bigger than dinner and a few drinks, they are
going to England in a couple of weeks, we live in the US.

They have a questions about exchanging US dollars to pounds before they leave.
Those of you with experience could you direct them (through me) to the best
source?  Banks, auto club, etc?

Should they actually take pounds with them?

How about Visa and Master Card, certainly they are accepted everywhere, or at
least the ads would make you believe that?

Finally how about the ATM (cash machines) are they sitting on every corner like
they are in the US?  Will they work with a US ATM card?

I know most of you will have suggestions about which car museum to see, what car
event to stop by, etc.  Believe me, they have no interest in that type of sight
seeing.  My wife, wonderful woman that she is, gets enough of that right here in
the US!  Remember this is the "girls night out".  Their time is rather
structured since they are doing the formal "tour" type trip, so the extra time
will be very limited anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Larry Hoy