Re: TD clutch?

To: "Steve Tritle" <stritle@epix.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TD clutch?
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 17:50:25 -0400
Ever hear the term "Pumpkin" ? I would suspect that the diff gave up.
Sorry to say. If the drive shaft still moves, all the way to the diffy,
then that is the only place to look. However, it could be the 1/2 shafts,
but stripping both at the same time???

Not an expert on the T Series, but I think that is the place to look.

Larry

>Just had my son out in the TD. He's a new driver. He let the clutch out
>too quickly and geve too much gas to the pedal. Clunk!!? I have a newly
>rebuilt trans and new clutch which had been working perfectly. Any ideas
>what might have happened? I can shift into each gear. The drive shaft
>turns but the TD does not move. I think hear the drive shaft turning at
>the rear wheels. I am stumped.
>
>Help.
>
>Steve
>52 TD