Re: 18V engine wanted

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: 18V engine wanted
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 18:56:27 -0400
Lemme try this, Charley.  The car runs great for about 30 miles, after which it
wants to emulate a destroyer laying a smoke screen when the throttle is
feathered.  About a year ago I pulled the pistons and installed new rings.  The
odometer shows 90,000 miles with compression in the vicinity of 120 psi.  I want
to run it for another 4 years/100k miles so it's worth my while to invest in a
decent job.  The oil pressure is superb, about 70 psi at anything over 1500 rpm,
about 25 at low idle on a hot day.

     Please remember that Lazarus (52TD) has priority in the garage.  I don't
want to have to keep him out of his garage for any longer than necessary.
That's why I'm hoping to find an RB engine to drop in while mine is on the
bench.  Besides, the Focus is only for inclement weather, I like top-down
motoring.

--
Bud Krueger
http://home.ici.net/~bkrueger/