"Where the Rubber Meets the Road"

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: "Where the Rubber Meets the Road"
From: "Jesse Robinson" <jesserobinson2@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:10:02 GMT
Yesterday there was talk about a good article on tires in the recent issue
of 'British Car' magazine.  I got all excited and called my local Barnes and
Noble to hold an issue for me.  Walked to the store after work and bought
it.  Enthusiastically started to read the article on the way home on the
bus, it was my first time reading it.  When I got to the section on 'MGs,
Spitfires, Sprites and Midgets' my enthusiasm dropped like my leaky
armstrong shocks.  I expected to find information on what kind of tires you
guys recommend for MGB, especially daily drivers.  But what I got was one
lousy paragraph (outta two for the whole section) on what MGBs where
originally fitted with.

COME ON......

You gave four paragraphs to Healeys, two long ones to Jags, and a whole
section to Triumphs!  Not one mention of a recommendation, and why, that a
normal MGB driver should consider!

I know the editor is out there, I'm not knocking the magazine.  In fact, I
loved it.  I will continue to buy it, but what happened?  Sounds like you
where promoting the four suppliers who pay to advertise in your magazine
rather than help out the guy who would like to just buy some tires for his
non-show/racing car.

Respectfully,
Jesse