MGB brake caliper HELP!!!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB brake caliper HELP!!!!
From: "Jesse Robinson" <jesserobinson2@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:16:38 GMT
List,

I'm 'in-the-field' and have a problem.  Any quick response would be greatly
appreciated.

I'm trying to rebuild my front brake calipers.  I have new seals and new
pistons.  The problem is trying to get the wiper seal retainter into place.
The shop manual says to install the new fluid seal, push the new piston in
so that 5/16" are sticking out, then place the wiper seal and retainer
around the piston body and push down into place.  Then clamp down, with a
piece of wood, the piston and the whole thing should go into place.  I did
all that, but I keep either bending the retainer or the retainer goes down
into place on one side and pops out on the other!  It is such a tight fit,
not to mention the retainer is so delicate.  AHHHHHHHH!  I'm going nuts!  I
don't have any more retainers to screw up.

ANY HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Jesse
'70 B