Re: MGB brake caliper HELP!!!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB brake caliper HELP!!!!
From: "Jesse Robinson" <jesserobinson2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 21:39:48 GMT
Thanks to David, Allen, Chris and epecially Peter for all your incite on my
piston caliper replacement problem.  Well, After my frantic email I was able
to get one in.  Using a piece of wood a hammer and a lot of patience.  What
everyone is saying and what I've found out the hard way is to try and hit
the ring with anything at all points on the circle.  What was mentioned to
me was a 2-3/8" socket.  I didn't have one so I tore up an old Lucas coil.
Can you believe it is the same diameter?  HA!  Well, it is made out of
aluminum and I beat up it getting the guts out that I don't think the tool
is effective (good idea I thought).  Well, another key to all of this, I
think, is the brake lube, which I didn't have.  Peter is sending me a care
package so I can get the other three in this weekend.  Thanks to all for
your incite; I love all the ingenuity!  Oh, and the retainers I didn't use I
put in the freeze for the hell of it.

Thanks again,
Jesse