Local MG Car club dues

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Local MG Car club dues
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:46:38 -0600
I thought I'd poll the list about this issue.  Our club has had some
discussions regarding the
"appropriate" annual dues we should be charging our members.  We have gone
around and around on the
philosophy issues.  You know, should the club subsidize the dues with
rallyes/tours/social events;
or should every event, as well as dues, cover their associated costs?  As a
result I really don't
need input on the philosophy stuff, I've heard it all, or at least it seems
like it.

So here goes.  I'm interested in what you pay annually in dues to be a member
of your local MG Car
Club.  I am looking specifically for information on your LOCAL club, we all
know the cost for the
national clubs, as well as the international clubs.

MG cars, of course, are the emphasis of this "survey" but I would take input on
the other LOCAL car
clubs you belong to.  Jags, TR, Healey, Singer, etc!

I certainly don't want to exclude list members outside of the US but if you
would you please indicate what type of currency you are using?  I'll assume USD
if you don't
specify.

If you could, would you supply:

Area/city

Marque

Annual dues

Do new members get a "free" name badge?

Are the first year dues the same as subsequent years?

I'll also take any extra information you wish to include.

Thanks.  I'll post the results when it appears the responses are complete.

Larry Hoy