Hunt Country Classic

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hunt Country Classic
From: "Eddie Sheffield" <esheffield@prizmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 22:49:56 -0400
Haven't seen anyone else commenting on the show here in VA yesterday, so
I'll say a few words. I wasn't there very long. Since the MG still isn't
quite drivable I popped over for a little while after lunch with the family.
Very nice show. Lots of REALLY nice cars. I think I overheard someone say
there was something over 200 there vs. about 175 or so last year. My poor
little guy would have looked mighty frumpy with all fine looking Midgets and
Sprites. Only about a dozen or so Spridgets, I think. Never enough Spridgets
at these things for my taste. LOTS of Bs. A couple of Cs. Half dozen or so T
series. One or two Magnettes, I think. Guess I got there to late to see any
Bugeye's up close, but I passed one going the other way on my way there.
Probably more MGs that I missed out on.

Pretty good assortment of other makes - Triumphs, of course. Several Jags. A
few Rolls. A rather interesting military vehicle of some kind. 5 or 6 Healey
3000s and a 100. A couple of Lotus. Hmmm - I'm sure I'm leaving out some.

Particularly enjoy looking at the Morgans too. I love how the styling is so
unchanged over all these many years. There was even one in the parking lot
with a for sale sign on. $50K for a pretty recent one - 96 I think, but
can't remember for sure. How does one buy a new Morgan here in the US? I saw
a photo in Auto World Weekly a couple of months ago of a Morgan being crach
tested with airbags. The accompanying article pointed out that the bags were
a larger style for use in North American cars.

Anyway, I made a bunch of digital pics. I'll try to get them up for fewing
soon - need to try and generate some thumbnails though. They're kind of
large. Also disproportionately Spridget-oriented. ;-)

Loved the fresh squeezed cider. :-) (Yummy!)

Maybe Dan or another DC club member will be so kind as to fill in more
details.

Eddie
1971 Midget