Re: another BGT bites the dust

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: another BGT bites the dust
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:49:15 -0500
At 7:22 PM -0600 10/25/00, David Councill wrote:

>So any more suggestions on negotiating, words to the wise,  tips on
>establishing the car's true value. Quite honestly I think it was worth
>$2000-$2500 although I would have a problem finding someone that would pay
>me that based on the rust. Like I said, the car was mechanically perfect,
>down to the oil leak. The collectorcartraderonline.com web site shows that
>71BGTs on their site range from a low of $2800 to a high of $5200. Will
>that carry weight with the insurance company? And how about salvage value
>of the car? I really hate to see the carbs or the o/d transmission go.
>
>I know this is a repetition request but the archives are down and they have
>been that way for several days or so.
>
>David Councill
>67 BGT
>former 71 BGT

You can arrange to buy the car back from the insurance company,
generally for between $400 and $800.  They will most likely try to
get by with about $1500 to $2000 for the payout.  It is most likely
worth it to keep the car for the parts mentioned, and start over to
rebuild another.  If you want another rusty but rebuildable GT (This
one a '74) Located in Lincoln, NE. I know of a Aconite one that may
be available.  Regardless, good luck.
--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/