Re: English slang, was Dodgy alternator?

To: "scott beavis" <scottbeavis@mobrey.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: English slang, was Dodgy alternator?
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 07:14:51 -0800
Scott,

>From your clear and concise definition of "Dodgy", you appear to be an
expert on current English usage.

Can you, therefore, please help this poor old Brit (who left the UK in 1964)
understand the meaning of "Naff"? I've seen and heard it several times but
have never been able, from the context, to ascribe to it a meaning that
makes any sense.

Oh, the required LBC content? See some of my other posts for that...........

TIA

Lawrie