Re: Peco exhaust paint

To: Steve Shoyer <Steve@shoyer.com>
Subject: Re: Peco exhaust paint
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 09:14:05 -0800
Paint the rest of the system too with any decent flat black paint.  That
red muffler just didn't look right with my BRG '65!

BTW, those 1200 degree exhaust paints are for looks only, they leave a
powdery coating behind after the first "burn off" that offers little or
no rust protection.  Don't worry, the header won't rust much, especially
if you drive the car at least once a month; the extreme heat drives off
all moisture.  My experience has been that tubular headers usually crack
before they rust, the steel gets brittle after a few thousand heating
and cooling cycles.

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle