Re: Peco exhaust paint

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>,
Subject: Re: Peco exhaust paint
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 12:23:49 -0000
I used Hycote very high temperature paint (650/1200) but the red colour
changed to a pale biscuit on all but the head flanges in very short order.
They didn't rust, though so presumably there was still a coating present.
For the new manifolds I used Halfords very high temperature paint
'aluminium' (whether that is a reference to the material or just the colour
I don't know) and several months later it shows no signs of peeling or
changing colour.

PaulH.