Re: Anybody use 175R14?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anybody use 175R14?
From: eric@erickson.on.net
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 11:52:13 +0930
ENrique  wrote:

> Hi MG Fans, I am having a hard time finding new 165R14 locally. I know I
> can get them at Coker for 84$ a piece but after bringing them down to
> Bolivia the cost is pretty steep. Anyhow, I wonder if anybody is using
> 175R14?

Ha!  If you want five good ones I could ship them to America for you - they are
just sitting there :-)

I replaced my 165R14's with 175R14's then realised that these were almost as
bad/
skinny... so I dumped them after a few months and went as wide as my poor wire
wheels would take (just)... 185R14/60.

Now that I have replaced the wires with Rostyles I want to immediately go to
195R14 but common sense and my accountant says 12 months is too soon to throw
away my expensive Yokohama A509s just yet... get another few months out of them
first.

So to answer the gist of your question... apart from extra-originality (love
those skinny tyres) sake... go for the 175R14 - but LUST aft 205!

Eric
'68MGB MkII