Badge Bars for RBB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Badge Bars for RBB
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 18:54:31 EST
I remember there was a thread a while back about this.  At the time I
suggested that rather than the rather ugly bars available from the usual
sources it would be possible to make a concealed one.  Well, I have gone
ahead and done it with much satisfaction.
I had the material around the shop so it took only about 1 hour to complete.
I used 1" x 1/8" aluminum angle for the main portions of the bar and 1" Al
flat stock to mount the badge.
Mine is 24" long, supported by a 3 1/2" leg at each end.  The 2 legs are
drilled 3/8" to fit on the upper mounting bolts for the bumper.  Install it
so that  the top flat of the angle is just above the lower opening of the
bumper. The legs are riveted to the angle bar with 17 1/2" between the lower
mounting holes.  Once the bar is mounted badges can be attached by cutting an
appropriate length of flat stock, mounting the badge to it then attach it to
the bar by drilling and installing 2 self tapping screws.
I suggest painting it black so that nothing but the badge is visible from the
outside.  With the bonnet raised the whole thing can be installed without
removing anything but the 2 mounting bolts and additional badges cad be added
without removing anything.

George
'76 MGB driver