Stainless exhaust question (was RE: Triumph MGB)

To: "Mark Dawson" <torchbone@bright.net>
Subject: Stainless exhaust question (was RE: Triumph MGB)
From: Nina Barton <ninab@scoresheet.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 20:08:47 -0800
- you said -  I've searched through the archives (back when they were
working) and
couldn't seem to find any discussion on stainless steel exhausts.  -snip- I
hear a lot about PECO exhausts, but nothing about stainless steel ones.

Hi Mark,
        I put a stainless exhause on my 71 BGT about three years ago now.
It has a nice sound (even though I do occasionally set off car alarms), and
I have not had any problem with it in that time.  It passed it's last (in
California) smog test with this exhaust.  I would certainly go this way
again.  Before I put the stainless on, I would end up having a new glass
pack put on the old tired exhaust system just about every year.  Can't
compare with the Peco, as I haven't seen one on anyone's MG here in the Bay
Area, but it's much better than your stock exhaust.                    Nina