RE: Farina Magnette Site Revamp

To: "Eric" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Farina Magnette Site Revamp
From: "Greg Bass" <gbass@essentialnetworks.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:01:29 -0500
If I may offer a suggestion to the original poster. Web site development is
what I do for a living and believe me it can be a real irrating experience
to get a site so that it is working correctly in NetScape and IE (not to
mention the other browsers). You problem stems from the fact that IE and
most Microsoft wysiwyg Dev tools are very forgiving when it comes to html
code. Some tags that are opened may not need to be closed for it to work in
IE. Netscape on the other hand is not forgiving at all. (and this is a good
thing because it insures good code!) The first thing I would look for is a
tag that you opened but never closed. Usually this is a </table> that gets
left out, thus preventing that table from displaying in NS. The advice on
testing with different browsers is worth noting. You should test it until
you get it right, then test it trying to break it and then test it some
more.

Just my 2 cents for what it is worth.

Greg