Re: Fuel economy gauge - part 3 (No LBC)

To: barneymg@ntsource.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel economy gauge - part 3 (No LBC)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:16:48 EST
Once again, a great piece of writing, Barney.  It actually makes sense if you
can ignore everything in parentheses.

I had a 1974 Ford Grand Torino Wagon (the car that came with it's own
zipcode) that had a vacuum/fuel econ gauge.  I could make that gauge go from
one end to the other all day long.  It was marked RED and GREEN.  Really
helpful information.

Then I had a 1986 Merc. Sable wagon with the digital dashboard.  It included
a digital fuel economy gauge.  It must have been a real gauge rather than
based on vacuum, and it was fun to watch it drop to 3 MPG when you put your
foot down. It also showed "miles to empty."  That car was too heavy to be fun
though.

You should send that post in to some car mags and see if you can get paid for
your efforts.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget