Rebuilding SU H4s for an MGA 1600

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rebuilding SU H4s for an MGA 1600
From: Eric Kolb <macman@magpage.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 22:47:26 -0500
Happy Friday (almost!)
    I have a set of SU carbs from a MGA 1600.  I would like to know what
kind of work, or how in depth is it to rebuild them and the best rebuild
kit to purchase to get them in good shape.  The butterfly valves open
properly and have wonderful spring tension, but the jets seem sticky.  I
have photo if it helps...  Also where do I get the proper braided steel
fuelines for them, I have rubberlines with nifty fittings, but they look
really bad, really really really bad.
Thanks,
-Eric Kolb