Re: Stuck Temp Sender

To: Enrique Claure <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Subject: Re: Stuck Temp Sender
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 13:07:56 -0500
At 08:37 AM 10/28/2000 -0400, Enrique Claure wrote:
>I have a bad temp sender to replace but I can't unscrew it. ....

What model of car?  Is the sender alalog or electrical?  For the electric
ones you usually just use a socket and a BFW.  for the analog unit with the
tube attached you need to use a flare nut wrench, and accept no
substitutes.  The thin wall brass female threaded nut is very easy to crush
with an open end wrench.  Oh yeah, use a little Busty or PB Blaster, and
have some patience if it doesn't give up right away.  It is not a pleasant
task having to drill those things out without damaging the sealing seat
just behind the thread.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg