Re: Brake pipes

To: macmillan@home.com
Subject: Re: Brake pipes
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:07:59 EST
In a message dated 11/22/00 11:07:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
macmillan@home.com writes:

> Careful guys, those plastic clips are there to prevent the inevitable
> corrosion that will occur when dissimilar metals are in contact in the
> presence of moisture (steel+copper+humidity).  Best to wrap the lines
> with protective tape under the clips, or devise some other unobtrusive
> way to keep the two separated. A pinhole caused by corrosion under those
> clips could be disastrous.

Thanks for the heads up on that point.  Although I have thoroughly insulated
the pipe clips with a coating of motor oil, I will take it under advisement!
There was precious little documentation with the brake pipe set to warn of
this possibility.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget