Re: Brake pipes

To: macmillan@home.com
Subject: Re: Brake pipes
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:01:02 -0600
On Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:05:48 -0800 Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
writes:
> Careful guys, those plastic clips are there to prevent the inevitable
> corrosion that will occur when dissimilar metals are in contact in
> the
> presence of moisture (steel+copper+humidity).  Best to wrap the
> lines
> with protective tape under the clips, or devise some other
> unobtrusive
> way to keep the two separated. A pinhole caused by corrosion under
> those
> clips could be disastrous.

You might consider using those metal clips with rubber insulation.  They
are normally used for electrical wiring, but should work for brake pipes.
 It would also keep a metal clip from abrading the pipe, although I don't
know if the copper ones are prone to that or not.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD
'74 MG Midget vintage racer