RE: Cam Kits

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cam Kits
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:22:30 -0700
>You are presumably looking for something to do to give you a noticeable kick
>in the pants when you boot it. To give you some idea, I once took a dead
>stock MGA motor, blueprinted and balanced for a stock class, but with a very
>decent Janspeed prepared head on it, ....

Bill is correct, the head is where the power is.  But ...

When it comes to performance in a street car I have thought about the
following.  I'll throw it out there for the list and duck when
the flames start!

Put a 4.30:1 rear end in the car with an OD transmission (or a Japanese 5
speed).  This would give you quick acceleration and a
better highway cruising than the 3.9:1 with a 4 speed.  The effective highway
rear end ratio would be about 3.5:1.

I'm duckin'.

Larry Hoy
"It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast"