Re: UK Number plates

To: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>, <HowerSL@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: UK Number plates
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 19:49:05 -0000
To be fair it almost certainly doesn't report back on the actual
registration but the approximate date a block of numbers was available for
use and where.  My 72 built but June 73 registered roadster comes back as
'issued in 1972'.  My 75 V8 comes back with the correct date but 'issued in
Perth' which was the normal place for issuing 'MGS' registrations, but the
car was registered in Bedfordshire.  Also by 1974 the practice of changing
the letter in August and not 1st January was well established, so a letter
could be issued in one of two years and still be correct, or to put it
another way, a year has two letters.

PaulH